|AFA Webinar: Post Election Update
& National Disclosure Law Discussion
|Webinar||12pm - 1pm
|Webinar: Case Studies & Collection
Issues Effecting Finance Companies
|Webinar||11am - 12pm
2 - 3
|2023 Annual Presidents & Senior
|Archer Hotel||Napa, CA|
|Factoring Essentials Hybrid
|New Orleans, LA
10 - 12
|2023 Annual Factoring Conference||Roosevelt
|New Orleans, LA|
25 - 26
|The Law & Business of Factoring
Hybrid Training Class
|Las Vegas, NV
27 - 28
|Account Executive/Loan Officer
Hybrid Training Class
|Las Vegas, NV
18 - 20
|2023 Annual Transportation
Event details will be posted below as they become available
Presidents and Senior Executives of factoring organizations have unique needs. One of the best ways to help with your strategic planning is to spend time discussing those issues with other Presidents and Senior Executives in the factoring industry. This meeting is designed to facilitate that discussion.
The second component of our meeting will concentrate on networking. We will begin on Wednesday evening with a Welcome Reception. Breakfast and lunch will be held together to give you a chance to network with the other attendees. Dinner on Thursday evening will also be included.
The Venue: Archer Hotel - Napa, California
- Thursday & Friday, February 2-3, 2023
Some of the Topics Covered:
- State of the Industry
- How to Generate Business in 2023
- Planning for the Future
- Funding Options
- New Products
- Legal Issues
- Supply Chain Issues & Stressors
- Additional Topics TBA
- Cole Harmonson - CEO & Co-Founder, Dare Capital
- Cole Harmonson has been in the AR Factoring and Asset Based Lending space his entire career, starting in commercial banking in El Paso, Texas in 1994. In 1996, Cole started State Bank’s working capital finance business, which was sold in 2006. In 2007, Cole co-founded Far West Capital, an independent AR Factoring and ABL company that was sold to Central Bank in Houston in 2018. Cole currently serves as president of commercial factoring nonprofit organization, the American Factoring Association, and has been a board member since 2009.
- Ryan Jaskiewicz - CEO - 12five Capital
- Ryan is CEO of 12five Capital. He started 12five Capital in early 2006 at the age of 23. Ryan attended University of Illinois at Chicago where he received a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science with an emphasis on international politics and economic policy. Ryan is married, with three children and lives in La Grange, IL. When he’s not trying to help entrepreneurs get access to the capital they need to thrive, you can probably find him running the Salt Creek trail, as running is his other passion. Mindfulness and meditation play vital roles in Ryan’s life and a huge part of his success.
- Michael Ullman, Esq. - Principal, Ullman & Ullman, P.A.
- Mike graduated from Nova Law School Cum Laude in 1979, is a member of the Florida Bar and has been admitted pro hac vice in courts and arbitration proceedings throughout the country. Ullman & Ullman, P.A., formed in 1980, specializes in all forms of commercial transactions, litigation and arbitration. Mike is co-counsel to and has lectured for the IFA for over a decade and has published numerous articles including: Factoring Specialized Industries and Stories From the Trenches.
- Bob Zadek, Esq. - Of Counsel, Buchalter
- Bob is one of the premier attorneys and an expert in the field of factoring. An attorney with the San Diego office of Buchalter, he handles loan documentation, trade finance and letters of credit, loan workouts and bankruptcy. He is a past Chair of the Commercial Financial Services Committee of the Section on Business Law of the American Bar Association, and was a founder and Chair of its Subcommittee on Loan Documentation.
- Group rates at the Archer start at $365 per night.
- For individual reservations, please contact the Reservations Department at 855-200-9052 and mention the Group name, 2023 President's & Senior Executives Meeting.
- Or you can reserve a room online here
- Room block ends October 20, 2022
The fee for this meeting is $1,295 (IFA Members Only). This meeting is limited to two attendees per company. Attendees must have a minimum of five years' experience in Factoring and have a Senior Executive level position.
This meeting is sold out. Please call 805-773-0011 or email email@example.com to be placed on the wait list.
Cancellation Policy: All cancellations received after October 20, 2022, regardless of the reason, will be charged a 50% cancellation fee. Attendee names can be substituted without a penalty as long as the new attendee has a minimum of five years' experience in Factoring and has a Senior Executive level position.
If you are a new factoring company, an individual new to factoring, or just wish to brush up on your knowledge, the Factoring Essentials course will provide you with the background you need to become a successful factor. You have the option of attending this class in-person or online. The online attendee will be in a live classroom setting with speaker interaction.
The Venue: Roosevelt New Orleans - New Orleans, LA or Online via Zoom
- Wednesday, May 10, 2023: 8am - 4pm Central Time Zone
- Introduction to Factoring
- Factoring Law
- Uniform Commercial Code
- Underwriting and Credit
- Factoring Contracts
- Debtor Credit
- Notifications and Verifications
- The Daily Business Flow
- Problem Clients & Ending the Relationship
- How to Find Clients
- Hot Topics
- George Thorson - President & Chief Credit Officer, Triumph Business Capital
- George has more than 36 years of experience in commercial finance including factoring, asset based lending, business evaluations, loan work out and field auditing. Prior to joining Triumph Business Capital, George was a principal in Collateral Risk Management, Inc. and Credit Support International. George continues to serve as an industry expert and peer educator for the International Factoring Association and the National Association of Credit Managers. George received a B.S. in Accounting from St. Cloud State University, and is an IFA Certified Account Executive in Factoring (CAEF).
- Gen Merritt-Parikh - President, Haversine Funding
- Gen Merritt-Parikh is the President of Haversine Funding. She was named a Top Female Executive by Addison Magazine in 2015. Under her leadership, in 2016, her former company was ranked one of the Best Places to Work by The Dallas Business Journal. In 2018, as President of Allied Affiliated Funding, she led the company to a successful sale to a nationally chartered bank where she continued to manage that line of business for the bank. Previously, Gen has worked in the factoring and asset-based lending space in escalating roles since 1995 with companies including Liquid Capital, Comresco Capital and Guaranty Business Credit. She holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Business and Economics from the University of Texas at Dallas, serves on the Factoring Committee for the Secured Finance Network and holds the Subject Matter Expert designation by the International Factoring Association, having helped develop the first factoring certification program for the industry. She joined Haversine Funding in 2020 and currently resides in the Dallas metroplex with her husband and two sons.
Legal counsel will be provided by:
- Jim Cretella, Esq. - Attorney, Otterbourg, P.C.
- Jim Cretella is a Member of the firm’s Banking and Finance Department. He represents institutional lenders, factoring companies and specialty lenders, as well as borrowers, in a variety of asset based lending, specialty finance and other corporate transactions. Mr. Cretella has worked on financing transactions covering a wide range of industries, including staffing, transportation, oil and gas, refactoring and government contracting. He has extensive experience in supply chain and other trade finance transactions, including off-balance sheet receivable purchase facilities.
- A special rate at the Roosevelt New Orleans starting at $299 has been negotiated for this event.
- Training class registration is required prior to reserving a room. Booking information will be emailed to attendees upon registration.
- Rooms based on availability. Room block expires on April 8, 2023.
The fee for this training class is $545 ($595 for Non-Members).
This is an add-on training class to the IFA Annual Factoring Conference. You do not need to be registered for the IFA Annual Factoring Conference in order to register for this additional training class.
Register Here >>
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 805-773-0011.
The IFA will not charge a cancellation fee if you decide to not attend an in-person event based on concerns around your health or travel. Health related cancellations will receive a full account credit for attendance fees. Non-health related cancellations for attendance received on or before 30 days prior to the training course will be charged a 20% penalty. No refunds will be given after this date. Attendee names can be substituted without a penalty. Please check each event listing as special cancellation policies may apply. Unused account credits after two years will be forfeited and considered contributions to the organization.