Event details will be posted below as they become available
Webinar: A Practical Bankruptcy Guide for Factors (Part Two): Managing the Factor's Interests after First Day Motions, Plus a Look at a Factor's Defense of Preference and Fraudulent Transfer Claims
with Lori Eropkin, Esq. and Deirdre Richards, Esq.
Get ready to protect your interests in the Chapter 11 plan confirmation process or in an asset sale. Anticipate the aims of an Unsecured Creditors Committee, the US Trustee’s Office, Estate Professionals, and others, like Landlords/Lessors. Let’s talk through the timeline and buzzwords in the plan confirmation and sale process (i.e., “free and clear” sale, cramdown). Get wise to what the Chapter 11 debtor can, and cannot, do in dealing with its secured debt. Then, we’ll conclude with a look at a Factor’s defense of preference and fraudulent transfer claims asserted by a bankruptcy trustee or debtor. As always, we will distill the information into tips that you can incorporate, today, into the management of your factoring facility.
The Venue: Webinar
- Wednesday, June 23, 2021 - 11am - 12pm PST (Pacific Time Zone)
- Lori Eropkin, Esq. - Levinson, Arshonsky & Kurtz, LLP
- Lori Eropkin works on behalf of clients in the commercial finance industry to structure asset based lending and factoring transactions, including DIP financing. She also litigates to enforce creditors’ rights in state and federal courts and in arbitration.
- Deirdre M. Richards, Esq. - Fineman Krekstein & Harris, PC
- Deirdre M. Richards represents creditors in state and federal court, with an emphasis on representation of creditors in Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware.
The fee for this webinar is $50 ($75 for Non-Members)
Register Here >>
Webinar: Managing Credit Insurance in the Coming Recovery
(Sponsored by Meridian Finance Group)
The Venue: Webinar
- Tuesday, June 29, 2021 - 9am - 10am PDT (Pacific Time Zone)
Topic: Trade credit has evolved in COVID-time and will never return to pre-2020 norms. This webinar will provide attendees with an understanding of:
- • Today's longer terms, slower payments, concentrations, etc.
• Why and how to re-evaluate customers’ creditworthiness now
• Recognizing new credit risks arising from economic recovery
• How the credit insurance has performed during the pandemic
• Best practices for obtaining and using credit insurance now
- Gary Mendell - President, Meridian Finance Group
- Gary Mendell is President of Meridian Finance Group, a company providing credit, insurance, and trade finance tools that companies use to expand their U.S. and international sales. A graduate of the University of Pennsylvania in 1976, Gary has over 40 years of experience in domestic and international sales, distribution, credit, and finance. Prior to Meridian Finance Group, he held positions managing U.S. and export business development for companies in the pharmaceutical, aerospace, and plastics industries. Gary has received the President’s “E” Award and currently serves on the federal government’s Trade Finance Advisory Council. He can be reached at 310-260-2130 Ext 124 or email@example.com.
This webinar is free for IFA Members ($50 for Non-Members)
Register Here >>
Credit, Underwriting & Collections - New Approaches, Ideas & Trends - Hybrid Training Class
Structuring a deal, managing a client relationship, underwriting, credit and collections are all at the forefront of effectively managing a portfolio. This course is designed for factors wanting to expand and build on their knowledge in underwriting and analyzing credit.
The Venue: Planet Hollywood Resort - Las Vegas, NV or Online Via Zoom
- Thursday & Friday, July 15 - 16, 2021
- 7:30am - 3:00pm each day (Pacific Time Zone)
- • Analyzing Prospective Client Underwriting and Credit Risks
• Identifying the Goals of Underwriting
• Structuring Transactions to Fit Within Your Portfolio
• Evaluating and Analyzing Collateral
• Determining Frequency for Debtor Credit Evaluations
• Evaluating Debtor Payment Patterns and Delinquencies
• Performing Verification and Collection Calls
• Verbal Techniques in Collection Calls
• Measuring Performance of Your Collectors
• Effective Collection Letters
• Identifying Red Flags and Early Warning Signs
• When to Call a Collection Attorney vs. Collection Agency
• Pros and Cons of Filing Suit
• Obtaining a Default Judgment and Execution
• Isolating and Mitigating Risks in a Transaction
• Dealing With Bankruptcies Pre and Post
- Patrick Cooper - Director of Underwriting, FSW Funding
- Patrick Cooper has over 15 years of banking experience, in credit, underwriting, and portfolio management. Patrick joined FSW Funding, a national ABL/Factoring lender, in 2019 as Director of Underwriting, overseeing the credit worthiness and risk profile of both new and existing clients. Prior to joining FSW Funding, Patrick held positions at Bankers Trust Company as Credit Officer and Special Assets Officer at Meridian Bank. Patrick is a graduate of Arizona State University, earning his Bachelors in Business Management and is currently attending the Graduate School of Banking at Colorado.
- Brad Magill, Esq. - Attorney, The Collection Law Group, Inc.
- Brad is actively engaged in the collection practice as a collection lawyer and managing litigator. He has significant collection and litigation experience in the factoring arena, the finance world, and in working with an assortment of manufacturing, distribution, software and service companies. Mr. Magill has previously served as the Senior Vice President for a national accounts receivable finance company in which he developed sales and marketing strategies that helped the company grow from a start-up to one of the top accounts receivable finance companies in the US. In addition, Brad worked with senior underwriters to analyze access and determine the value of accounts receivable. Mr. Magill brings a unique skill set and perspective to TCLG that includes collection experience, accounts receivable valuation know-how, legal prowess and financial and accounting expertise. Mr. Magill has also practiced law with various prestigious law firms in the District of Columbia and Pennsylvania.
- Gail Reints-Pratl - President, Sky Business Credit, LLC
- Gail is President Sky Business Credit, LLC which she founded in 2010. Sky Business Credit is a factoring company committed to funding small businesses with funding needs under $1.5 million. With her entrepreneurial outlook and over 20 years experience in the factoring industry Gail’s expertise lies in structuring factoring lines for clients that provides maximum availability for the clients to assist their growth while minimizing risk for her company. Gail believes that factoring should be looked at as a cashflow tool rather than just financing and that all small businesses can use factoring to fuel their growth. Gail has been very intentional with her company to ensure that at all levels there is transparency with the clients. Her philosophy has always been to treat the clients the way she would want to be treated if she were a client. Gail has a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from DePaul University. She has also served on the International Factoring Association’s Board and as a Subject Matter Expert for their Account Executive Certification program.
- A special rate at the Planet Hollywood of $139 has been negotiated for this event. There is also a $37/night resort fee. This includes use of the fitness center and internet access in your room.
- You can make reservations by calling Planet Hollywood at 866-317-1829 and ask for the SMIFC1 rate.
- Or you can reserve a room online by clicking here
- Room block expires on June 14, 2021.
The fee for this meeting is $945 ($995 for Non-Members)
The meeting will run from 7:30am - 3pm (Pacific Time Zone) on Thursday and Friday. A 15 minute morning break, 15 minute afternoon break and a 1 hour lunch will be included. The in-person registration includes continental breakfasts, coffee breaks and luncheons both days. With the exception of meals, because of the hybrid interaction, the in-person and virtual attendee will have a similar experience during this training class. Virtual attendees will be in a live online classroom environment where they can pose questions to the speaker throughout the class. Price is per attendee. A unique participant ID will be sent to all virtual attendees.
For those that attend the course in Las Vegas, Planet Hollywood will be following Caesars' extensive health and safety precautions. Click here for more information.
Register Here >>
Transportation Factoring Meeting
Transportation Factoring organizations have unique needs. One of the best ways to help with your strategic planning is to spend time discussing those issues with other Transportation Factors. The purpose of this meeting is to provide a forum with current industry topics for Transportation Factors. This is a unique opportunity to share ideas and learn from others.
The Venue: Marriott Omaha Downtown
- Thursday & Friday, September 16 - 17, 2021
- Bryan Alsobrooks - President, Phoenix Capital Group, LLC
- Bryan Alsobrooks is President of Phoenix Capital Group, LLC (PCG). PCG is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Gulf Coast Bank & Trust Company and is a nationally recognized provider of working capital solutions to small- to medium-sized transportation companies. Financing solutions include asset-based lending, accounts receivable financing and factoring, equipment financing and fuel card services. Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, with additional offices in California, Texas, Alabama and Tennessee. Mr. Alsobrooks has over 28 years commercial finance experience and more than 17 years in the transportation industry. Mr. Alsobrooks is active with the International Factoring Association and has served as past Chairman and Vice Chairman for the North American Credit Manager’s National Transportation Credit Group. Mr. Alsobrooks received a Bachelor of Business Administration degree from Austin Peay State University. Bryan is an IFA Certified Account Executive in Factoring (CAEF).
- Hailey Benton-Thomas - Chief Operating Officer and General Counsel, TBS Factoring Service
- Hailey Benton-Thomas graduated from Pepperdine University with a B.A. in Industrial-Organizational Psychology and then returned to Pepperdine as the recipient of the Dean’s Scholarship where she earned her Juris Doctorate. While at Pepperdine, she competed in advocacy competitions, volunteered in the Los Angeles Homeless Legal Aid and Family Adoption Courts, and clerked with (Retired) Chief Justice Deanell Reece Tacha of the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals. Upon graduation, Ms. Benton-Thomas became a sought after employment law litigator with Floyd, Skeren and Kelly representing clients such as Verizon, Sysco, and several NFL teams. As her career progressed she found her true passion for training and developing others which led her to become the Managing Attorney of the firm’s flagship office and the youngest associate in firm history to be on the partner track. In 2014, Ms. Benton-Thomas made the decision to move her family to Oklahoma to join TBS Factoring Service. During her time with TBS, she became an indispensable member of the team capable of any task assigned of her. When it came time to select a new executive team, Ms. Benton-Thomas was immediately on the short-list of candidates. As Chief Operating Officer and General Counsel, she oversees TBS’ people and processes ensuring that TBS is an employer of choice and a highly efficient business. In addition to her work with TBS, she serves on the board of Oklahoma Humane Society and the Capital Hill High School Advisory Board.
- David Jencks, Esq. - Attorney, Jencks Law, P.C.
David is an attorney that has been practicing for over 20 years in the areas of transportation and transportation finance. He represents Factors, Brokers, Freight Forwarders and Motor Carriers in transactional and litigation matters. He is a member of Delta Nu Alpha, the professional fraternity involved in the continuing education of transportation professionals. David earned a Bachelor of Arts Degree at the University of South Dakota and he holds a Juris Doctorate from Hamline University.
Guest Speakers: TBA
- This meeting will feature an exhibit hall with vendors that provide goods and services to the Transportation Factoring industry.
Click here for Exhibitor/Sponsorship Form
or call 805-773-0011 ext 303 for more information
- A special rate at the Marriott starting at $169 has been negotiated for this event.
- You can make reservations by calling the Marriott at 844-696-3779 and ask for the
IFA Transportation Conference 2021 rate.
- Or you can reserve a room online here
- Limited availability. Room block expires on August 20, 2021.
The fee for this meeting is:
In-person attendance: $945 ($995 for Non-Members)
Note: The Transportation Meeting is limited to 4 attendees per Factoring company. We recommend registering early, as this meeting is limited in attendance and has sold out in the past. Attendance for Non-Factoring companies is limited to exhibitors and sponsors.
The meeting will run from 8:30am - 4:30pm (Central time zone) on Thursday and 8am - 12pm on Friday. There is a Welcome Reception on Wednesday evening from 5pm - 7pm and a Group Dinner on Thursday evening from 5:30pm - 8:30pm. The fee includes tuition, course materials, breakfasts, coffee breaks, Thursday lunch, Welcome Reception, Group Dinner and entrance to exhibit hall.
Register Here >>