Event details will be posted below as they become available
2019 Presidents & Senior Executives Meeting
Presidents and Senior Executives of factoring organizations have unique needs. One of the best ways to help with your strategic planning is to spend time discussing those issues with other Presidents and Senior Executives in the factoring industry. This meeting is designed to facilitate that discussion.
The second component of our meeting will concentrate on networking. We will begin on Wednesday evening with a Welcome Reception. Breakfast and lunch will be held together to give you a chance to network with the other attendees. Dinner on Thursday evening will also be included.
The Venue: Casa Marina Resort- Key West, FL
- Thursday & Friday, January 24 - 25, 2019
Some of the Topics Covered:
- State of the Industry
- How to Generate Business in 2019
- Planning for the Future
- Funding Options
- New Products
- Legal Issues
Additional Topics TBA
- Robyn Barrett - Managing Member, FSW Funding
Robyn earned her bachelor’s degree from Arizona State University and a CPA license. Robyn's first official role in accounting was at Restaurant, Inc. in Phoenix, a food contract management company and subsidiary of the Greyhound Corporation. Three years later, she left the company to take on larger-scale accounting pursuits at The Dial Corporation. After six years at The Dial Corporation, Barrett ventured into the world of corporate finance at FINOVA Capital Corporation, a Phoenix-based publicly traded commercial lender. During her tenure at FINOVA, Barrett held numerous positions including: senior finance manager, senior marketing analyst, senior credit underwriter and vice president of marketing. After leaving FINOVA in 2000, she went on to serve as vice president of marketing and business development at ZoomLot Corporation. In 2001, Barrett founded Scottsdale-based Factors Southwest, LLC. Barrett holds a master’s degree in business administration from Grand Canyon University and is an active member of numerous industry organizations including: American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA); Arizona Society of Certified Public Accountants (ASCPA); Turnaround Management Association (TMA); Risk Management Association (RMA); International Factoring Association (IFA); Commercial Finance Association, and the Association for Corporate Growth.
- Wayne Coker - President, Advantage Business Capital
- Wayne has been active in the factoring industry for over 30 years, after starting his own factoring company in Houston in 1985. In 1994, Wayne started one of the first bank-owned factoring companies in Texas. In 2000, Wayne and his team joined Central Bank, Houston’s oldest independent bank, where he also serves as Executive Vice President and Advisory Director. In 2001, Wayne and his staff completed the first of three acquisitions, including a local competitor that was founded in 1978. Prior to entering the factoring industry, Wayne was the owner of several companies in the Houston area. Wayne served on the first Board of the International Factors Association and is a Director of the Commercial Finance Association. Wayne graduated with honors from the University of Houston C.T. Bauer College of Business in 1984.
- Michael Ullman, Esq. - Principal, Ullman & Ullman, P.A.
- Mike graduated from Nova Law School Cum Laude in 1979, is a member of the Florida Bar and has been admitted pro hac vice in courts and arbitration proceedings throughout the country. Ullman & Ullman, P.A., formed in 1980, specializes in all forms of commercial transactions, litigation and arbitration. Mike is co-counsel to and has lectured for the IFA for over a decade and has published numerous articles including: Factoring Specialized Industries and Stories From the Trenches.
- Bob Zadek, Esq. - Of Counsel, Buchalter
- Bob is one of the premier attorneys and an expert in the field of factoring. An attorney with the San Francisco office of Buchalter, he handles loan documentation, trade finance and letters of credit, loan workouts and bankruptcy. He is a past Chair of the Commercial Financial Services Committee of the Section on Business Law of the American Bar Association, and was a founder and Chair of its Subcommittee on Loan Documentation.
- Mitch Warner - Managing Partner; Arbinger Institute
- In his role as Managing Partner, Mitch directs the development of Arbinger’s training and consulting programs and highly customized large-scale organizational culture change initiatives. He has been instrumental in Arbinger’s rapid growth, including its expanding international presence in over 20 countries. He is the co-author of Arbinger’s latest bestseller, The Outward Mindset. Mr. Warner has delivered training and consulting internationally to leaders and organizations across a broad range of industries. He is a sought-after speaker, teacher, and advisor to leaders of corporations, governments, and organizations of all kinds around the world on the topics of leadership, collaboration, mindset and culture change, conflict resolution, alignment, and strategy. Mr. Warner is a licensed Skilled Nursing Administrator in the State of California.
- Wednesday - Island Jet Ski Tour ($140 per Jet Ski - one or two persons) - 9:30am - 12:30pm
- The tour begins with safety instructions from our expert guides, providing you with the confidence to get the most out of your island jet ski experience. Once comfortable with your jet ski, you will follow your knowledgeable guide on a 27 mile course, completely circumnavigating Key West, a task impossible by most watercraft. During your jet ski tour, you will take in breathtaking views and watch Florida Keys marine life frolicking in the Caribbean waters. Your guide will make five stops at various points of interest, including The Southernmost Point, Historic Key West Bight, and Sunset Key. Following the tour, there will be paddle boards, kayaks and hobie cats available to rent for an additional fee.
- Thursday - Spouse Food Tour - ($100 per person) - 11:00am - 2:00pm
- The Food Tour celebrates the Cuban and Caribbean influences on both food and culture. Guided small group experiences stop at 6 locations, come complete with a sweet treat, an alcoholic beverage, and are designed to introduce you to authentic island flavors like Cuban roast pork, fresh fish, a signature rum drink, and of course…key lime pie! Tour includes 5+ tastings with generous tastings of local, iconic dishes like conch fritters, fish tacos, and key lime pie! You will learn unique fun facts and the history of Key West from knowledgeable local guides. Listen to
the history and origin of Cuban & Caribbean cuisine, and their influence on our culture here in Key West. Walk off the beaten path of Duval Street and into historic neighborhoods and hidden gems.
- Group rates at the Casa Marina start at $369, depending on view and room size.
- You can make reservations by calling Casa Marina at 888-303-5717 and ask for the International Factoring Association rate.
- Room block expires on December 24, 2018.
- United has been designated as an official airline for this meeting and is offering a group rate on all flights. To take advantage of the discount call United Airlines at 800-426-1122 or go online to www.united.com Z Code: ZFS6 Agreement Code: 291314
This meeting is sold out. Please call 805-773-0011, ext 301, to be placed on the wait list.
The fee for this meeting is $1195 (IFA Members Only)
The meeting will run from 8am - 4pm on Thursday and 8am - 3pm on Friday, with a reception on Wednesday evening and a group dinner on Thursday Evening. The fee includes tuition, course materials, breakfasts, coffee breaks, luncheons, Welcome Reception and the Thursday evening dinner.
Register Here >>
To register for any of these events,
Register Here >>
For more information, please email email@example.com
or call 805-773-0011.
The International Factoring Association is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.
The IFA offers CLE credits for upcoming programs. For approved programs and states, please contact Heather Villa at firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-773-0011 ext 301.
The IFA offers CAEF credits for upcoming programs. For information on approved programs and courses, please contact Terri Baker at email@example.com or 805-773-0011 ext 303.
Cancellations received on or before 30 days prior to the training course will be charged a 20% penalty. No refunds will be given after this date. Attendee names can be substituted without a penalty.