Breakout Finance is transforming the financial landscape by providing a wide range of affordable, transparent working capital solutions for small businesses across the country. We are committed to one goal: helping small businesses seize their potential and become a breakout success (and have fun while doing it!) We’re constantly working for small business owners, leveraging our innovative solutions and partnerships with industry leaders to help our customers achieve unparalleled growth. Our products include business loans and factoring solutions to help position businesses for success. Join our growing team and become a champion for small business!
|$50,000.00 - $100,000.00
|Posting Start Date:
The Breakout Difference
Working at Breakout is more than just a job. It’s:
We want our employees to know they are part of something special. We want every employee to be invested in our success. To help accomplish this sense of purpose and shared ownership, we offer competitive compensation and equity for all employees.
- Being empowered to break down the barriers of traditional thinking.
- Being rewarded for strong performance.
- Holding the conviction that you can make a difference to the millions of small businesses in need of affordable funding.
- Embracing the dedication to always do the right thing.
- Being honest and forthright with customers.
- Feeling good about what you do for a living.
Your role as an Underwriter:
- Perform detailed financial analysis on prospective small business borrowers and guarantors, including trend and ratio analysis, and interpret the financial information to determine credit quality and cash flow adequacy.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently make decisions consistent with our underwriting policies and procedures on files with minimal supervision using good judgment.
- Identify risk factors within each loan and utilizes resources, tools and documentation to detect red flags and clear inconsistencies.
- Treat our customers as valued and appreciated people, not as just a deal, and work to find the best workout solution for each business.
- Collaborate with supervisors and other team members on updating existing and creating new credit policies, procedures, operational efficiencies, and strategies.
- Effectively communicate ideas to external partners, borrowers, and colleagues with a high level of accuracy using both written and verbal methods.
- Work in a high energy, start-up environment that values creativity, innovation, and collaboration.
- Be comfortable with working around ambiguity and having the ability to infer details from context.
- Be a nimble learner incorporating results of periodic QA into your underwriting to improve results, ensure quality and enhance production.
- 1+ years of experience in a fast-paced environment within financial services. Experience in loan processing and credit underwriting is preferred.
- Experience in asset-based lending and/or factoring is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Google Workspace products.
- Working knowledge of financial products is strongly preferred.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to pair a high volume of throughput with a high level of accuracy.
- Proven ability in positions with a high level of accountability.
- Curiosity and drive to learn.
- Strong communication skills.
- Goal-focused and willing to take the extra step to provide the best possible service to our clients.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- The dedication to always doing the right thing.
What we offer:
- An enjoyable culture that encourages collaboration and rewards you for strong performance
- An equity ownership position in Breakout Finance
- Budget for external training
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- 401K Plan with employer contributions
- Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Paid, flexible vacations and holidays
- Day off on your birthday
- Casual work environment with no formal dress code
- Free parking
|This listing expires on: 3/4/2024