Event details will be posted below as they become available
Webinar: Factoring & Credit Insurance
in COVID-Time (the New Normal)
with Gary Mendell - Meridian Finance Group
Sponsored by Meridian Finance Group
Demand for credit has continued growing since the outbreak of the pandemic. 90 days terms are the new net 30. DSO is getting stretched by slower payments. Some insurers are canceling or nonrenewing buyer limits. Others are holding the line. This webinar will discuss the current credit landscape, the evolving nexus between factoring and credit insurance, how to obtain coverage now, and compliance tips for getting claims paid.
The Venue: Webinar
- Monday, November 9, 2020 - 11am - 12pm PST (Pacific Time Zone)
Growing demand for trade credit engendered by COVID-19
Trends in underwriting, premiums, credit limits, and claims
Negotiating favorable policy wording, terms and conditions
Best practices for getting underwriters to approve debtors
Compliance criteria for getting credit insurance claims paid
- Gary Mendell - President, Meridian Finance Group
- Gary Mendell is President of Meridian Finance Group, a company providing credit, insurance, and trade finance tools that companies use to expand their U.S. and international sales. A graduate of the University of Pennsylvania in 1976, Gary has over 40 years of experience in domestic and international sales, distribution, credit, and finance. Prior to Meridian Finance Group, he held positions managing U.S. and export business development for companies in the pharmaceutical, aerospace, and plastics industries. Gary has received the President’s “E” Award and currently serves on the federal government’s Trade Finance Advisory Council. He can be reached at 310-260-2130 Ext 124 or email@example.com.
This webinar is free for IFA Members ($50 for Non-Members)
Register Here >>
2021 Presidents & Senior Executives Meeting
Presidents and Senior Executives of factoring organizations have unique needs. One of the best ways to help with your strategic planning is to spend time discussing those issues with other Presidents and Senior Executives in the factoring industry. This meeting is designed to facilitate that discussion.
The second component of our meeting will concentrate on networking. We will begin on Wednesday evening with a Welcome Reception. Breakfast and lunch will be held together to give you a chance to network with the other attendees. Dinner on Thursday evening will also be included.
The Venue: Candado Vanderbilt Hotel- San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Thursday & Friday, January 28 - 29, 2021
Some of the Topics Covered:
- State of the Industry
- How to Generate Business in 2020
- Planning for the Future
- Funding Options
- New Products
- Legal Issues
Additional Topics TBA
- Nick Hart - President, Sallyport Commercial Finance, LLC
Nick moved to California after serving as the Managing Director of Bibby Factors Yorkshire Limited UK from 2002 to 2008. In this role, he led the launch of and established the office in Yorkshire and took over the management for the North East of England (Sunderland). Prior to Bibby, Nick worked for Alex Lawrie Factors (part of Lloyds Bank) where he managed an approximately $65 million portfolio of 1,000 clients and a staff of 45 employees. Before joining Lloyds Bank, Nick spent five years at Deloitte & Touche in Leeds, London, Luxembourg, and Abu Dhabi. Nick received a Bachelors in Science (with Honors) in Business Studies from the Bradford University Business School. He is currently a Board Member of the California Fashion Association and Fundraising Committee Member of City of Hope. Nick is married and has four children. He likes to play and collect guitars. He is an avid motorist and has owned several collectible sports cars and holds a National B race license.
- George Thorson - Executive Vice President, Triumph Business Capital
- George has more than 36 years of experience in commercial finance including factoring, asset based lending, business evaluations, loan work out and field auditing. Prior to joining Triumph Business Capital, George was a principal in Collateral Risk Management, Inc. and Credit Support International. George continues to serve as an industry expert and peer educator for the International Factoring Association and the National Association of Credit Managers. George received a B.S. in Accounting from St. Cloud State University, and is an IFA Certified Account Executive in Factoring (CAEF).
- Michael Ullman, Esq. - Principal, Ullman & Ullman, P.A.
- Mike graduated from Nova Law School Cum Laude in 1979, is a member of the Florida Bar and has been admitted pro hac vice in courts and arbitration proceedings throughout the country. Ullman & Ullman, P.A., formed in 1980, specializes in all forms of commercial transactions, litigation and arbitration. Mike is co-counsel to and has lectured for the IFA for over a decade and has published numerous articles including: Factoring Specialized Industries and Stories From the Trenches.
- Bob Zadek, Esq. - Of Counsel, Buchalter
- Bob is one of the premier attorneys and an expert in the field of factoring. An attorney with the San Diego office of Buchalter, he handles loan documentation, trade finance and letters of credit, loan workouts and bankruptcy. He is a past Chair of the Commercial Financial Services Committee of the Section on Business Law of the American Bar Association, and was a founder and Chair of its Subcommittee on Loan Documentation.
Guest Speaker: TBA
- Group rates at the Condado Vanderbilt Hotel start at $329, depending on the view and room size.
- You can make reservations by clicking here.
- Room block expires on December 26, 2020.
- United has been designated as an official airline for the conference and is offering a group rate on all flights. To take advantage of the discount call United Airlines at 800-426-1122 or go online to www.united.com and put in Offer Code: ZJRN935354.
The fee for this meeting is $1195 (IFA Members Only). This meeting is limited to two attendees per company. Attendees must have a minimum of five years' experience in Factoring.
The meeting will run from 8am - 4pm on Thursday and 8am - 1pm on Friday, with a reception on Wednesday evening and a group dinner on Thursday Evening. The fee includes tuition, course materials, breakfasts, coffee breaks, luncheons, Welcome Reception and the Thursday evening dinner.
Register Here >>
- Tuesday, October 20 - Medical
- Intro to medical billing and collections
- Differences between medical factoring and traditional factoring
- Best practices of medical factoring
- Case study
To register for any of these events,
Register Here >>
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 805-773-0011.
The International Factoring Association is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.
The IFA will assist with applications to receive continuing legal education. To receive CLE credits, participants will need to submit all documentation to their accrediting states for approval. For more information, please contact Heather Villa at email@example.com or 805-773-0011 ext 301.
The IFA offers CAEF credits for upcoming programs. For information on approved programs and courses, please contact Terri Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-773-0011 ext 303.
Due to the ongoing uncertainty regarding COVID-19, the IFA will not charge a cancellation fee if you decide to not attend an in-person event based on concerns around your health or travel. For information on policies with online events, please refer to specific program registration pages or contact the IFA with inquiries.